Matters Needing Attention When Using SKF Bearings
Bearings are an important part of contemporary machinery and equipment. Its main function is to support the mechanical rotating body to reduce the friction coefficient of the mechanical load during the transmission of the equipment. Among them, SKF bearings are one of the common imported bearings. What do we need to pay attention to when using them? Eric Bearing Limited shares the following dozens of precautions based on the understanding of SKF bearings.
Matters needing attention when using SKF bearings:
1. For bearings used in pairs, if the axial oil gap is too large, it is easy to cause the cage to wear. It is necessary to regularly check the axial movement and adjust it in time.
2. For paired bearings (conical pairing-DB/DF), the intermediate spacer must be provided by the manufacturer, with high accuracy, and the main function is to adjust the axial clearance. For example, the suffix T165 indicates that the total length of the spacer plus the bearing is 165mm. SKF 7408 BCBM bearings online , pls click here :
3. The suffix K30 for tapered bearings: indicates that the taper is 1:30.
4. The bearing with dust cover is not allowed to open the cover and add grease. The grease quantity has been calculated in the design to match the bearing life.
5. Nylon cages are not allowed to be installed under heating. If heating is required, the temperature must be strictly controlled below 120°C, and the temperature measuring gun must be tested regularly.
6. Copper cage is not suitable for grease lubrication, M type can be greased, and MA/ML must be lubricated by oil bath. ECM type must be lubricated in oil bath.
7. The effect of selecting SKF bearings for high precision is good, but the general environment or accuracy is not suitable for SKF bearings. Otherwise it is more likely to cause failure.
8. The bearing clearance is not marked to indicate the standard clearance, and C2 is smaller than the conventional clearance. C3 is greater than the conventional clearance.
9. The bearing with dust cover is not suitable for hot-packing method, and the hot-packing temperature does not exceed 80℃. If the bearing is heated to more than 125℃, it will easily cause partial quenching of the bearing. After the bearing is hot-assembled, it must be left for 2 minutes, otherwise the bearing will rebound 0.05~0.15mm.
10. When cold mounting double row spherical roller bearings, the radial oil gap must be checked. Use feeler gauge to insert 2/3 to ensure uniform gap and prevent partial load.
11. The tolerance of the inner and outer diameter of the bearing should be checked, otherwise it will easily cause the radial oil gap to change and affect the life of the bearing.
12. Do a good job of alignment, concentricity affects bearing life. Europe estimates that 34% is caused by alignment.
13. Do not add too much lubricating oil, which will affect heat dissipation. The thickness of the oil film is only 0.2μm. 36% of the damage was caused by poor lubrication. 16% is due to improper installation causing bearing failure.
14. Calculation of the amount of lubrication: 0.005DB=gp, note: the amount of refueling on both sides Gp, D=bearing diameter, B=bearing width.
SKF bearings are also a kind of relatively precise mechanical components. There are many types of rolling bearings and a wide range of applications. However, we can select the most suitable SKF bearings according to specific conditions and requirements, so as to better improve the mechanical equipment Manufacturing performance.