SKF Bearing Packaging Principles And Materials
As a world-renowned bearing brand, the quality of SKF bearings
is very superior. Every detail of a good product is done in place. The packaging of SKF bearings
is also very careful. The following is for me to tell you the principles of the world's largest bearing bearing packaging and the materials used.
packaging is divided into inner packaging and outer packaging. After the bearing is manufactured, it must first be checked for compliance. Next, it needs to be cleaned and rust-proofed. Finally, the bearing should be put into the package to achieve the purpose of waterproof, moisture-proof, dust-proof and shock-proof. Bearing packaging can maintain bearing quality accuracy and is easy to use. Bearing packaging for sales purposes is divided into anti-rust packaging and ordinary packaging. Rust-proof packaging is suitable for large-scale shipments. (SKF taper roller bearing catalogue)
After the bearing is manufactured and qualified after inspection, it is cleaned and rust-proofed, and then placed in the inner packaging to achieve the purpose of waterproof, moisture-proof, dust-proof, impact-proof, maintaining the quality and accuracy of the bearing, and convenient use and sales . (SKF taper roller bearing catalogue)
The inner packaging of bearings is divided into three categories according to the rust prevention period:
1. Short rust-proof period packaging: The rust-proof period is 3 to 6 months, which is suitable for bearings that are shipped to the same subscriber in large quantities and put into use in a short time. Based on the agreement between the two parties, simple packaging is adopted based on the principle of convenience.
2. General rust-proof period packaging: The rust-proof period is one year, which is suitable for general purpose bearings.
3. Long anti-rust period packaging: Two-year anti-rust period, suitable for special and precision bearings.
The inner packaging materials of the bearing are polyethylene plastic tube (box), kraft paper, plain and wrinkled polyethylene composite paper, paper box, polyethylene or polyethylene plastic film, nylon fastening tape or plastic braided fastening tape, waterproof high-strength plastic tape , Burlap bags and so on. All the above materials need to ensure that the material's corrosion resistance test is qualified. (SKF taper roller bearing catalogue)
The principle requirements of the bearing inner packaging method:
1. Miniature bearings: Every 10 to 15 sets of bearings are packed in a plastic cylinder, and every 5 to 10 plastic cylinders are packed in a carton (or bag, roll).
2. Medium and small bearings: multiple sets of bearings are wrapped with polyethylene film, external kraft paper or polyethylene composite paper; multiple sets of bearings are packed in a plastic cylinder (box); single sets of bearings are packed in polyethylene film bags, folded or Pack the carton after sealing the bag opening.
Packed in a single box with polyethylene film or polyethylene composite paper, and then packed into a carton; Packed in a single box with polyethylene film bag, and then packed into a carton; single set into a special plastic box; single Set of three-layer wrap packaging: polyethylene film tape or composite paper tape for the inner layer, fastening tape for the middle layer, and waterproof and permeable plastic tape for the outer layer.
4. Extra large bearings:
Single set of three-layer wrapped packages (same as above); single-pass four-layer wrapped packages: After the above three-layer wrapped packages, the outermost layer is wrapped with a layer of burlap tape.
For separable tapered roller bearings with an outer diameter of 150mm or more, the inner and outer components should be packed with polyethylene film before packaging, or the inner and outer components should be packed separately. For interchangeable cylindrical roller bearings with an outer diameter of ≥150mm, because the complete package is easy to be bruised, generally internal and external components can be separately packaged separately. (SKF taper roller bearing catalogue)
The general materials and requirements for bearing outer packaging are as follows:
1. Double corrugated cardboard boxes, the total weight (gross weight) of each box does not exceed 25kg, and the outside of the box is bundled with plastic packing straps;
2. Nail board boxes (wooden boxes), the total weight of each box is not more than 30kg, and the outside of the box is bundled with blue steel tape;
3.Calcium-plastic corrugated boxes, the total weight of each box does not exceed 25kg, the boxes love to use plastic strapping.
When packing bearing products with inner packaging into the box, the box should be lined with plastic bags or plastic films first; if there are any gaps in the box, they need to be filled with dry materials such as corrugated paper blocks and paper scraps. (SKF taper roller bearing catalogue)