In the past, automotive wheel bearings have used single row tapered roller or ball bearings in pairs. With the development of technology, automobiles have widely used wheel hub units. The use range and quantity of hub bearing units are increasing day by day, and the third generation has been developed. In essence, the first generation is composed of double row angular contact bearings. The second generation has a flange on the outer raceway for fixing the KOYO bearings. The KOYO bearings can be sleeved on the wheel shaft and attached with a nut. Makes car maintenance more manageable. The third-generation hub bearing unit uses a KOYO bearings unit and an anti-lock brake system.
Worn or damaged hub 6317ZZX KOYO bearings or hub units can cause your vehicle to fail inappropriately and costly on the road, and even cause harm to your safety. In the use and installation of hub bearings, please note the following:
1. To ensure maximum safety and reliability of bearings, it is recommended that you always check the wheel KOYO bearings regardless of the age of car-pay attention to whether the KOYO bearings have early warning signals of wear: including any frictional noise during rotation or suspension combination wheels Abnormal deceleration when turning.
For rear-wheel-drive vehicle, it is recommended to lubricate the front hub KOYO bearings when the car travels up to 38.000 kilometres. When replacing the brake system, check the KOYO bearings and replace the oil seal.
2. If you hear noise from the hub bearings, first of all, it is essential to find where the noise occurs. Many moving parts may generate noise, or some rotating parts are in contact with non-rotating parts. If it is confirmed that the sound is in the bearing, the bearing may be damaged and needs to be replaced.
3. Because the working conditions of the bearings on both sides caused by the failure of the front wheel hub are similar, even if only one bearing is broken, it is recommended to replace them in pairs.
4. Hub bearings are more sensitive. In any case, correct methods and suitable tools need to be used. During storage, transportation and installation, bearing components must not be damaged. Some bearings require a tremendous pressure to press in, so the special tools are demanded. Be sure to refer to car manufacturer's instructions.
5. KOYO bearings should be installed in a clean and tidy environment. Fine particles entering bearings will also shorten the life of bearings. It is important to maintain a clean condotions when replacing bearings. It is not allowed to hit the bearing with a hammer. Be careful not to drop the bearing on the ground (or similar improper handling). The condition of the shaft and the bearing seat should also be checked before installation. Even slight wear can cause poor fit, which will cause early failure of bearings.
6. For the hub bearings unit, do not attempt to disassemble the hub bearings or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit. Otherwise, the seal rings will be damaged, water or dust will enter. Even the raceways of seal ring and inner ring were destroyed, causing the failure of bearings.
7. There is a magnetic thrust ring inside the sealing ring of 6212ZZ KOYO wheel bearing equipped with ABS device. This kind of thrust ring cannot be impacted, impacted or collided with other magnetic fields. Remove them from the box before installation, and keep them away from magnetic fields, such as motors or power tools used. When installing these bearings, observe the ABS alarm pin on the instrument panel through a road test to change the operation of the bearings.
8. For wheel bearings equipped with ABS magnetic thrust rings, to determine which side the thrust ring is mounted on, you can use light and a small object near the edge of the KOYO roller bearing, and the magnetic force generated by the roller bearing will attract it. During installation, point the side with the magnetic thrust ring inward, facing the sensitive components of the ABS. Note: Improper installation may cause the brake system to fail.
9. Many bearings are sealed, this type of bearings do not need to add grease throughout the life cycle. Other unsealed bearings, such as double-row tapered roller bearings, must be greased during installation. Because the inner cavity of bearings is different in size, it is difficult to determine how much grease is added. It is essential to make sure that there is grease in bearings. If there is too much grease, when bearings rotate, excess fat will leak out. General experience: During installation, the total amount of oil should account for 50% of the clearance of bearings.