1. Storage of IKO bearings
(1) The storage must be ventilated and dry (not leaking rain, and the ground is not wet).
(2) Ensure that the room temperature is stable.
(3) The principle of first in, first out.
The storage conditions of IKO bearings and seals may negatively affect their performance. Inventory control also plays an important role in its performance, especially for seals. Therefore, IKO bearings recommend to follow the "first in, first out" inventory principle. IKO NAX5035 Z bearings online , pls click here :
2. Installation steps of IKO bearings
(1) Ensure that the work area is clean. Check to ensure that the IKO bearing position is accurate in size and shape. The shaft should be machined according to the h9/IT5 tolerance to install the adapter sleeve.
(2) Check to ensure that the surface roughness of the support seat is Ra≤12.5 microns. The flatness (flatness) tolerance should reach IT7. Ensure that the installation surface is clean. If a gasket is used, the entire surface must be covered with the gasket. The design of the mounting surface (structure) must be able to withstand actual loads, vibrations, and be suitable for assembly.
(3) Install all parts located between the two bearing seats on the shaft.
(4) If the skf bearing is installed on the adapter sleeve, determine its position relative to the bearing seat. For spherical roller bearings with lubrication grooves and three lubrication holes on the outer ring, IKO recommends using the supplementary lubrication hole in the center of the bearing seat. When relubrication is required from the side of the IKO bearing, for example, to relubricate toroidal roller bearings or self-aligning ball bearings, pay attention to the position of the bearing seat so that the grease nipple is located on the opposite side of the lock nut. When the bearing seat is at the shaft end, grease should be added on the side of the end cover.
(5) Place the IKO bearing seat on the surface of the bearing seat and install the connecting bolts, but do not tighten them.
(6) Install the first labyrinth seal on the correct position of the shaft.
(7) Install the IKO bearing on the shaft-directly on the stepped shaft or use an adapter sleeve. Fill the bearing completely with grease. The remaining part of the recommended amount of grease should be placed on both sides of the bearing housing base.
(8) Install the second labyrinth ring on the correct position of the shaft. (If using a stepped shaft, install the distance ring first). If the bearing seat is used at the shaft end, the second seal is omitted and an end cover is inserted into the bearing seat base.
(9) Install the second IKO bearing and housing according to steps 4 to 8 above.
(10) Put the shaft with two IKO bearings and labyrinth rings into the base of the two bearing seats.
(11) For locating end bearing arrangements and toroidal roller bearings, place a locating ring on each side of the bearing.
(12) Carefully align the bearing seat base. The vertical marks on the middle and both ends of the side of the bearing seat base can facilitate the centering. Then, lightly tighten the connecting bolts on the two bearing seats.
(13) Put the upper covers of the two bearing housings on their respective bases, and tighten the upper cover bolts (connect the upper cover and the base) according to the specified torque. The upper cover and base of one bearing seat cannot be interchanged with those of other bearing seats. The upper cover and base of each bearing seat should be checked to confirm that their serial numbers are the same.
(14) Check the alignment of the two bearing seats, minimize misalignment, and fully tighten the connecting bolts on the bases of the two bearing seats.
(15) Finally, insert the hollow O-ring synthetic rubber belt into the groove of the labyrinth ring. This step can be done with a screwdriver while turning the shaft.
3. IKO bearing installation quality inspection methods, such as: radial clearance reduction
1. IKO bearings are placed vertically;
(1) Measure the initial radial clearance;
(2) Determine the amount of clearance reduction (initial clearance value-clearance reduction = final clearance value);
(3) Install IKO bearings;
(4) Check the final radial clearance value during IKO bearing drive.