SKF bearings' accuracy grades have been gradually increased from 0, which is sufficient for general use, 0, but in particular conditions, five or higher accuracy is required.
SKF bearings' accuracy grades are based on ISO standards, but their names are different in national standards.
1. Dimensional accuracy (items related to the shaft and housing installation)
(1) Allowable deviation of inner diameter, outer diameter, width, and assembly width.
(2) Permissible deviation of inner circle diameter and outer circle diameter of roller group
(3) The allowable limit value of chamfer size
(4) Allowable variation of width.
2. Rotation accuracy (items related to the rotation of the rotating body)
(1) Allowable radial runout and axial runout of the inner and outer rings.
(2) A horizontal runout of the inner circle is allowed.
(3) Allowable variation of the inclination of the outer diameter surface.
(4) The permissible deviation of the raceway thickness mentioned in the SKF thrust bearing catalog.
Standard SKF bearing dimensions come in many forms. Standard bearings are used in the design of mechanical devices. A load of SKF bearing, the pressure applied to the bearing, its nature, size, and direction are variable. Usually, the rated necessary capacity is shown on the dimension table. However, axial load and radial load are also essential factors in selecting a suitable SKF bearing. When the sizes of ball and needle bearings are equal, SKF needle bearings usually have higher load capacity and can withstand more considerable vibration and shock loads.
Allowable speed is determined based on factors such as SKF bearing types, size, accuracy, cage type, load, lubrication method, and cooling method. SKF bearing types, size, efficiency, cage type, weight, lubrication method, and cooling method. The catalog pdf lists the allowable speeds of standard precision bearings under oil lubrication and grease lubrication. Generally, deep groove ball bearings, self-aligning ball bearings, and cylindrical roller bearings are suitable for high-speed applications.
SKF bearing dimensional accuracy and rotation accuracy are based on ISO and JIS standards. For machines that require high precision and high-speed operation, it is recommended to use SKF bearings with a level 5 or higher accuracy. Deep groove ball bearings, radial thrust ball bearings or cylindrical roller bearings are suitable for machines with high running accuracy. Rigidity, when the rolling elements and raceway contact surfaces of SKF bearings are pressed, elastic deformation will occur.
Besides, in some cases, SKF bearings are preloaded to increase rigidity. This program is usually used for deep groove ball bearings, radial thrust ball bearings, and tapered roller bearings. The inner and outer rings are offset, the shaft is bent, the tolerance of the rod or the bearing box is changed, and the mismatch will cause the eccentricity of the inner and outer rings. To prevent the strange angle from being too large, self-aligning ball bearings, self-aligning roller bearings, or self-aligning bearing seats are better choices. The vocal frequency and torque, and rolling bearings are all manufactured according to high-precision standards, so the vocal and torque are small. Deep groove ball bearings and cylindrical roller bearings are suitable for occasions with low noise and low torque requirements.